• Our wood materials are certified by the Composite Panel Association (CPA) Environmentally Preferable Product (EPP) Grademark Program which was developed to provide independent certification of wood composite products that are demonstrably environmentally preferable through their use of recycled and /or recovered wood fiber and adherence to voluntarily lower formaldehyde emission standards than government regulations. In addition, our wood has been evaluated by CPA for compliance with California (CARB) Phase 1 Air Resources Board Airborne Toxic Control Measure (ATCM) 93100 and are in compliance.
• Our laminate materials have been awarded by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute - the GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certification and GREENGUARD Certified for Children & Schools Certification. The GREENGUARD Environmental Institute, is an industry-independent, non-profit organization that oversees the GREENGUARD Certification Program for low-emitting products, including the establishment of acceptable standards for interior products and testing protocols to improve public health and quality of life.
• Our PVA adhesives are water-based, non-flammable, and non-chlorinated. They meet the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED requirements for Low-Emitting Materials (Version 2.2, EQ Credits 4.1 and 4.4).
• Our packaging is made of recycled materials.
• We've also partnered with suppliers of green materials and have additional product components that are also available upon request.
Green Manufacturing Facility & Process
• Our manufacturing facility power usage is reviewed and monitored hour by hour by our electric coop with recommendations to reduce power consumption.
• We updated all lighting in our manufacturing plant to high efficiency T5 Highbay Fluorescent Fixtures which use approx. 1/5 of the power over traditional fluorescent fixtures.
• Over the last 3-4 years we have spent well over $1M in computer-controlled machines and equipment reducing wood waste and compacting and grinding equipment to reduce the volume that does enter the landfill.
• We have instated a strategy for materials that we (1st) reuse and then (2nd) recycle all metals, waste cardboard, pallets, plastic, etc.
• We have Increased the amount of electronic communication (IE. all distributors now receive electronic order confirmations and invoices vs paper copies in the mail).
• Also, by using the internet as a source to reach potential customers through our online catalogs at kaemark.com, we have significantly cut down on the number of catalogs that we print each year by 33%.